* [9fans] First run problem
@ 2000-08-23  9:10 RockMover
From: RockMover @ 2000-08-23  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello, All!

  I've installed plan9 successfull, but now, when I boot,
it complains:
rio: can't open display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
and just goes to rc prompt %, in text mode.

  I am new to all this, do not know what frame buffer is all about,
did not find a solution in faq and docs.
Can you help me?

(During install from floppy, graphics was OK, and /lib/vgadb
and /env/monitor is the same as on floppy, monitor multisync75,
videocard S3 with a code
0xC0044="S3 86C325 Video BIOS. Version 1.00-05").

  Also, when I'm trying aux/vga -l, with any mode,
it spoils the screen and seems hangs. But I
think vgadb entries are valid, as they worked during installation.
What can I do?

WBR,  RockMover
I am The Master of Flame...

* Re: [9fans] First run problem