* Re: [9fans] upas/fs -f/pop/...
@ 2002-07-30 12:00 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-07-30 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> since a few people using Plan 9 also use Demon Internet, i'd thought
> i'd mention that when reading the source i noticed that (probably) the pop3 support in
> upas/fs won't work correctly with Demon Internet's pop3 service
> because that reorders and thus renumbers messages on each call.

the numbers are irrelevant, but yes, the pop3 source
assumes that the messages are ordered chronologically.
sigh.

* Re: [9fans] upas/fs -f/pop/...
@ 2002-07-09 16:15 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2002-07-09 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> since a few people using Plan 9 also use Demon Internet, i'd thought
> i'd mention that when reading the source i noticed that (probably) the pop3 support in
> upas/fs won't work correctly with Demon Internet's pop3 service
> because that reorders and thus renumbers messages on each call.

Confirmed.

I had the same problem with the Inferno email program on my Philips IS2630 phone.

-- Richard

* [9fans] upas/fs -f/pop/...
@ 2002-07-09  8:41 forsyth