* [9fans] devlml.c status
@ 2000-11-09  9:34 Alberto Nava
From: Alberto Nava @ 2000-11-09  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I was wondering what's the status of
devlml.c on the current distribution.
Does it work? Which boards?

I couldn't find any programs to interactive
with it. It looks like it shares buffers with
the user, so a special program is required :-(.

Thanks

* Re: [9fans] devlml.c status
@ 2000-11-09 14:02 Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2000-11-09 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wrote devlml.c.  It is a driver for an older version of the Linuxmedia
video card.  I understand there is a new version of it that does integrated
sound and video.  I plan to get one of those new cards in January and
do a new driver for it.

The current one indeed requires special software to interact with it.
The application shares a circular buffer in memory with the driver.  The
driver can write uncompressed data into the frame buffer, reading or
writing compressed data (Motion Jpeg (i.e. not MPEG)) into that circular
buffer.

If you have a linuxmedia board I can give you the user-space software;
if you don't, but you might want to buy one, wait until early next year.

	Sape