* [9fans] DNS not working
@ 2000-11-23 10:17 Gorka Guardiola Muzquiz
From: Gorka Guardiola Muzquiz @ 2000-11-23 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello 9fans.I am a newbie to plan9 and I am trying to configure the net.

Everything  has worked fine till now, but while trying to configure the
dns I have stumbled into a wall. I have changed the file /lib/ndb/local
and added an entry. In termrc the command dns -r is executed and
dns is mounted under net, but addresses do not get resolved.
Any clue?

                            Saludos,
                                            Gorka
"Curiosity sKilled the cat"

* [9fans] dns not working
@ 2000-11-30 13:56 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2000-11-30 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I dont seem to be able to get dns working.
For example,

	term% ip/ping gatekeeper.dec.com
	ip/ping: couldn't dial: cs: can't translate address(icmp!gatekeeper.
	dec.com!1)

Background,

I am dialing to my isp on my standalone pc using the string:

	ip/ppp -s $host:$pass -uf -p '#t/eia1' -b115200

My /rc/bin/termrc already includes:

	DNSSERVER=195.121.1.34
	ndb/dns -r

My /lib/ndb/local includes:

	database=
        	file=/lib/ndb/local
        	file=/lib/ndb/common

	ipnet=localhost-local   ip=10.0.0.1     ipmask=255.255.255.0
		dns=195.121.1.34

* Re: [9fans] DNS not working
@ 2000-11-26 19:54 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-11-26 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: paurea, 9fans

  Everything  has worked fine till now, but while trying to configure the
  dns I have stumbled into a wall. I have changed the file /lib/ndb/local
  and added an entry. In termrc the command dns -r is executed and
  dns is mounted under net, but addresses do not get resolved.
  Any clue?

See if setting DNSSERVER on the line in termrc
before ndb/dns -r helps.  If it does, it means
you have your network db files not quite right.  If it doesn't,
it's the network.

For example,
  DNSSERVER=1.2.3.4
  ndb/dns -r