* [9fans] Invalid PBS after booting first time
@ 2001-01-10 10:24 Matthew Wiggins
From: Matthew Wiggins @ 2001-01-10 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I got plan9 installed, and used the plan9 boot system, the MBR is
isntalled fine, but I get
MBR...Invalid PBS
Press almost any key to reboot...
I can still boot off of the floppy I created in the install, but it is
gettign cumbersome
I tried reinstalling the MBR, disk/mbr -m /386/mbr
I reinstalled the PBS, disk/format -b /386/pbs /dev/sdC0/9fat
I also tried /386/pbslba even though it's not 32bit lba, still to no
avail Why is th PBS invalid?
the 9fat partition is correct and the plan9.ini is from the install

Also: my Microsoft Serial Intellimouse 1.1A gives aux/mouse unknown
type, if I do  aux/mouse -dM 0  then it flickers
around, but eventually I do get x/y motion and button 1 and 3, but
button 2 (the wheel thing) when depressed moves the
cursor and popups up button3 window, also wheel movements will
manipulate the cursor, is there some way I can just
filter out the wheel events so my only three button mouse will work?
/Matthew Wiggins
lithium@rubiks.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-10 10:24 UTC | newest]