* Re: [9fans] Reboot
@ 2001-02-09 18:18 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-02-09 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

  Sometimes when I move a rc too close to the edge the machine stops
  responding for 20 seconds then reboots.

You mean when you move the window too close
to the top edge of the screen?

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Reboot
@ 2001-02-09 21:43 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2001-02-09 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Russ Cox wrote:

>   Sometimes when I move a rc too close to the edge the machine stops
>   responding for 20 seconds then reboots.
>
> You mean when you move the window too close
> to the top edge of the screen?

I've actually seen this on his machine, what happens is that you move the
mouse pointer to the top of the screen and almost as soon as the tip of
the pointer hits the top row the window manger freezes and a few seconds
later it reboots.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
                           -====~~mm-'`-```-mm --'-

* Re: [9fans] Reboot
@ 2001-02-12 10:24 ` Michael Collins
From: Michael Collins @ 2001-02-12 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	Yes, and it seems once too far right, but it may have been too high
too.

Only 3 times in 2 weeks, but on two different machines.

--
Michael H. Collins	http://www.linuxlink.com
Admiral			Penguinista Navy International

* [9fans] Reboot
@ 2001-02-09  9:40 Michael Collins
From: Michael Collins @ 2001-02-09  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sometimes when I move a rc too close to the edge the machine stops
responding for 20 seconds then reboots.

Is this a known problem?

Havin' some fun now.\x03