* RE: [9fans] Re: sam on window 2000
@ 2001-04-06 12:52 Sadanand Warrier
From: Sadanand Warrier @ 2001-04-06 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu'

Hi
   I didnt want to add too much clutter to 9fans but have you been able to
get a machine with Windows ME to display options for different OS's while
booting.
   I have an ME machine and unless I use a boot floppy it just goes directly
to ME without giving me a boot menu.

"There are never enough floppies " -- Dave Presotto

@ 2001-04-09  8:35 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2001-04-09  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>    I have an ME machine and unless I use a boot floppy it just goes directly
> to ME without giving me a boot menu.

If one of your OSes is Windows 2000 Professional or Windows NT,
use the 2000/NT Emergency Recovery Disk(ette) to restore the boot block
etc. after editing C:\BOOT.INI to include Windows Me on its menu.  If
the Plan 9 Windows-boot procedure works (it never did for me), then
you can also add Plan 9 to BOOT.INI.  If you need more detail, send me
e-mail at my home <DAGwyn@null.net> and I'll e-mail you a copy of my
BOOT.INI.

Since I couldn't get the Windows-assisted bootstrap procedures to
work for my Plan 9 installation, I resorted to "partition boot"
in conjunction with V-Systems "System Commander" which is a multi-boot
monitor/control utility.  Of course I had to boot the Windows Me
emergency disk(ette) afterward so I could run the SC initializer to
save the Plan 9 boot block and restore full operation.

* [9fans] Re: sam on window 2000
@ 2001-04-09  8:36   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-04-09  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

given the unix code is on the net, why isn't the windows code?

* [9fans] Re: sam on window 2000
@ 2001-04-06  8:41 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2001-04-06  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans