* [9fans] Problem in installation...
@ 2001-04-23  8:47 Nasser K. Manesh
From: Nasser K. Manesh @ 2001-04-23  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

I'm new to list and to Plan9.  I'm trying to install on a PC, and
the boot process hangs after the "nop...kfs...time..." message.   I
tried "debug=1" in the .ini file but I did not get any useful
output, so I'm stuck.  Any pointers to troubleshooting material?
Similar experience?

Thanks in advance,

--Nasser

....  I allocated a  week each to the operating system, the shell,
the editor, and the assembler...  Yeh, essentially one person for
a month.            Ken Thompson, on how he started writing Unix.

* [9fans] Re: Problem in installation...
@ 2001-05-03 17:02 ` Michael Collins
From: Michael Collins @ 2001-05-03 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

try a different Hard Drive.

Sounds wierd, but i have two drives that do that. <now in the trash.>

got a new drive on that box. 8 g and all is well.

Strange i know.

--
Michael H. Collins              http://www.linuxlink.com
Admiral                         Penguinista Navy International