* [9fans] mp3 encoding on Plan 9
@ 2001-05-04  5:01 anothy
From: anothy @ 2001-05-04  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i wanted to rip a few CDs, so i ported over
bladeenc, a popular linux mp3 encoder, to plan 9.
i've tested it (only on 386) by encoding a few
tracks off a CD and burning them (and others
gotten elsewhere) to a CD and played it under a
few other players on other computers. everything
seems proper. info is at:
	http://9.cosym.net/mpeg
as noted, i tried a few other options before i
came to bladeenc. if anyone else randomly wants
to poke at my failures, i'm particularly curious
what's wrong with LAME, but don't have time to
figure it out right now (nor the stomach; it's
GNU-inspired code, like the stupid name).

on a related note, is "setpriority()" in
ANSI/POSIX and APE just doesn't have it, or are
people just mistakenly assuming it's in the spec?
sorry, i don't have a copy handy...
-α.

* Re: [9fans] mp3 encoding on Plan 9
@ 2001-05-08 14:15 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2001-05-08 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

anothy@cosym.net wrote:
> on a related note, is "setpriority()" in
> ANSI/POSIX and APE just doesn't have it, or are
> people just mistakenly assuming it's in the spec?

setpriority() is in UNIX95 and UNIX98 but not POSIX.
Ditto for nice().

* Re: [9fans] mp3 encoding on Plan 9
@ 2001-05-04  6:53 nemo
From: nemo @ 2001-05-04  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone ported a non-floating-point mp3 player already?
I remember someome mentioned that...

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1482 bytes --]

From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] mp3 encoding on Plan 9
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 01:28:58 -0400

i compiled lame without much trouble and
it seems to work decently.  i've done most
of cdparanoia too, just not the scsi interface
code.

* Re: [9fans] mp3 encoding on Plan 9
@ 2001-05-04  5:28 Russ Cox