* [9fans] lpt irq
@ 2001-05-07 16:22 matt
From: matt @ 2001-05-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hullo 9fans,

  my lpt is on irq5 whereas in my kernel source (io.h) the lpt irq is
  hardcoded :
            IrqLPT  =7;
I also saw an enum which isn't used in the kernel :
            IrqLPT7 = 7;

I changed io.c and recompiled but would it be better off in the CONF
file?

I also noticed that the lpt addresses are hard coded too. Again, my pc
can move these about so maybe move them too.

--
 I've already told you more than I know.

 matt                          mailto:matt@proweb.co.uk

* Re: [9fans] lpt irq
@ 2001-05-08 16:54 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2001-05-08 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

matt wrote:
>   my lpt is on irq5 whereas in my kernel source (io.h) the lpt irq is
>   hardcoded :
> I changed io.c and recompiled but would it be better off in the CONF
> file?
> I also noticed that the lpt addresses are hard coded too. Again, my pc
> can move these about so maybe move them too.

Yeah, it seems like it ought to follow the example of audioinit()
in /sys/src/9/port/devaudio.c so that default settings could be
overridden from the PLAN9.INI file.