* [9fans] Support for G200 .......
@ 2001-09-10 13:13 Philippe Anel
From: Philippe Anel @ 2001-09-10 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Wildner; +Cc: 9fans

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:18:40 GMT, in comp.os.plan9 you wrote:

 >Folks,
 >
 >the installation disk does not recognize this card.  Is there a way to get a
 >Plan 9 system running with this card?

yop, there will be a way :)

I'll post this group a new version of my Gxxx drivers for Plan9 tomorow.
It will support the G200 as well as 32 bits and 2D accel.

	Take care !
	Philippe.

 >Regards,
 >Sascha

* Re: [9fans] Support for G200 .......
@ 2001-10-10  8:49 ` Patrick Baur
From: Patrick Baur @ 2001-10-10  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:29:15 GMT, philippe.anel@noos.fr (Philippe
Anel) wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:18:40 GMT, in comp.os.plan9 you wrote:
>
> >Folks,
> >
> >the installation disk does not recognize this card.  Is there a way to get a
> >Plan 9 system running with this card?
> >
>yop, there will be a way :)
>
>I'll post this group a new version of my Gxxx drivers for Plan9 tomorow.
>It will support the G200 as well as 32 bits and 2D accel.
>
>	Take care !
>	Philippe.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Sascha

Did you already post this updated driver with G200 support. If so, our
new server missed it (not very surprising). Would you mind sending me
a copy by mail? Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick.

pgb@swissonline.ch

* Re: [9fans] Support for G200 .......
@ 2001-10-11  9:09   ` phaet0n
From: phaet0n @ 2001-10-11  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Patrick Baur <pgb@swissonline.ch> wrote in message news:<9vp6stsgljp69c7eqhk56ujjiatola1bkc@4ax.com>...
> Did you already post this updated driver with G200 support. If so, our
> new server missed it (not very surprising). Would you mind sending me
> a copy by mail? Thanks.

The only reference to a G200 driver I received is a pointer to
Philippe's website http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel/plan9Gxx.html
I am currently using this driver on an AGP G200 card however I
don't seem to have support for 32bit colour, which seems to have
been mentioned. In any case. I hope this helps, and hopefully you
get 32bit colour working in which case perhaps I can figure out
what's wrong with my setup.

* Re: [9fans] Support for G200 .......
@ 2001-10-11  9:10   ` Donn Cave
From: Donn Cave @ 2001-10-11  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth Patrick Baur <pgb@swissonline.ch>:
| On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:29:15 GMT, philippe.anel@noos.fr (Philippe Anel) wrote:
|> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:18:40 GMT, in comp.os.plan9 you wrote:
|>
|>> the installation disk does not recognize this card.  Is there a way to get a
|>> Plan 9 system running with this card?
|>>
|> yop, there will be a way :)
|>
|> I'll post this group a new version of my Gxxx drivers for Plan9 tomorow.
|> It will support the G200 as well as 32 bits and 2D accel.
|
| Did you already post this updated driver with G200 support. If so, our
| new server missed it (not very surprising). Would you mind sending me
| a copy by mail? Thanks.

I'm interested in this too, because it seems like I might have half
a chance of running Plan 9 on a computer at work with this driver,
my first chance to look at this illustrious OS.  (The ATI Rage LT
driver doesn't work very well on my laptop at home, parts of the
screen aren't drawn.)

But don't mail it to me, that wouldn't help a bit, would it?  How
to perform the install, from the installation diskette, without
the video driver?

Thanks,
	Donn Cave, donn@drizzle.com

* Re: [9fans] Support for G200 .......
@ 2001-10-11  9:29     ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2001-10-11  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 09:10:58AM +0000, Donn Cave wrote:

> But don't mail it to me, that wouldn't help a bit, would it?  How
> to perform the install, from the installation diskette, without
> the video driver?

Plan 9 is not so tightly coupled to its graphics that things aren't
possible in command line mode.  Ed is a tad harsh, but usable to
modify small files (and big ones, I haste to add).  Compiling and
linking are all command line oriented.  It helps to be familiar with
the directory hierarchy.

I think it is possible to install manually, but the instructions could
be daunting.  Russ Cox is the best instructor, in that case.

++L

* Re: [9fans] Support for G200 .......
@ 2001-10-11  9:42       ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-10-11  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)