* [9fans] mkfile for Solaris-sparc using gcc?
@ 2002-03-12  4:23 Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-03-12  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is there a version for mkfile for drawterm compilation on SunBlade-100
running Solaris-8 using gcc? The one with from the distribution uses
Sun cc (which I assume is thread aware) and gcc is not.

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] mkfile for Solaris-sparc using gcc?
@ 2002-03-12  5:25 ` John Packer
From: John Packer @ 2002-03-12  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ish:

Try the attached mkfile.

You need to tweak DSRC and BIN to work with your setup.

Also, you need mk (from the Inferno distribution).

I think I have a Makefile as well, if you need that.

John Packer

[-- Attachment #2: mkfile --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2363 bytes --]

CONF=Solaris-sparc
DSRC=/home/john/plan9/drawterm
BIN=$DSRC/bin

<$DSRC/mkfile-$CONF

DRAWTERM=\
	_asgetticket.$O\
	_asrdfile.$O\
	_asrdresp.$O\
	_asreadn.$O\
	argv0.$O\
	atexit.$O\
	auth.$O\
	authaux.$O\
	authdial.$O\
	chan.$O\
	conv.$O\
	crypt.$O\
	dev.$O\
	devtab.$O\
	devcon.$O\
	devdraw.$O\
	$DEVFS.$O\
	$DEVIP.$O\
	devmnt.$O\
	devmouse.$O\
	devpipe.$O\
	devroot.$O\
	drawterm.$O\
	dial.$O\
	dirfstat.$O\
	doprint.$O\
	error.$O\
	exportfs.$O\
	fcallconv.$O\
	getcallerpc.$O\
	getuser.$O\
	latin1.$O\
	lock.$O\
	mallocz.$O\
	nan.$O\
	netmkaddr.$O\
	ns.$O\
	passtokey.$O\
	pipe.$O\
	pow10.$O\
	print.$O\
	proc.$O\
	qio.$O\
	readn.$O\
	ref.$O\
	rune.$O\
	rwlock.$O\
	screen-$WIN.$O\
	syscall.$O\
	tabs.$O\
	term.$O\
	tokenize.$O\
	$OS.$O\
	utflen.$O\
	utfrune.$O\
	werrstr.$O\
	wstrtoutf.$O\
	$OSFILES\

# screen

LIBMEMLAYER=\
	ml-draw.$O\
	ml-lalloc.$O\
	ml-layerop.$O\
	ml-ldelete.$O\
	ml-lhide.$O\
	ml-line.$O\
	ml-load.$O\
	ml-lorigin.$O\
	ml-lsetrefresh.$O\
	ml-ltofront.$O\
	ml-ltorear.$O\

LIBMEMDRAW=\
	md-alloc.$O\
	md-alloc-$WIN.$O\
	md-arc.$O\
	md-cload.$O\
	md-cload-$WIN.$O\
	md-cmap.$O\
	md-cread.$O\
	md-defont.$O\
	md-draw.$O\
	md-draw-$WIN.$O\
	md-ellipse.$O\
	md-fillpoly.$O\
	md-hwdraw.$O\
	md-line.$O\
	md-load.$O\
	md-load-$WIN.$O\
	md-poly.$O\
	md-read.$O\
	md-string.$O\
	md-subfont.$O\
	md-unload.$O\

LIBDRAW=\
	d-alloc.$O\
	d-arith.$O\
	d-bytesperline.$O\
	d-chan.$O\
	d-defont.$O\
	d-rectclip.$O\
	d-rgb.$O\
	d-icossin.$O\
	d-icossin2.$O\

XFILES=\
	md-alloc-x11.$O\
	md-cload-x11.$O\
	md-draw-x11.$O\
	md-load-x11.$O\

OFILES=$DRAWTERM $LIBMEMLAYER $LIBMEMDRAW $LIBDRAW

all:V: $TARG

$TARG: $OFILES
	$LD $LDFLAGS $prereq $LIBS

# don't combine with following %.$O rules
%.$O:	$HFILES

$LIBMEMDRAW: $DSRC/libmemdraw/memdraw.h $DSRC/libdraw/draw.h
$LIBDRAW: $DSRC/libdraw/draw.h
$LIBMEMLAYER: $DSRC/libmemdraw/memdraw.h $DSRC/libdraw/draw.h $DSRC/libmemlayer/memlayer.h
$XFILES: $DSRC/libmemdraw/xmem.h

%.$O:	$DSRC/%.c
	$CC $CFLAGS $DSRC/$stem.c

%.$O:	$DSRC/%.s
	$AS $ASFLAGS -o $stem.$O $DSRC/$stem.s

install: $TARG
	install $TARG $BIN/$TARG

clean:V:
	rm -f *.$O a.out y.tab.? y.debug y.output *.pch *.pdb *.map $TARG

src.tar:V:
	tar cf src.tar *.[ch] mkfile* */*.[ch]

* Re: [9fans] mkfile for Solaris-sparc using gcc?
@ 2002-03-18 15:10       ` AMSRL-CI-CN
From: AMSRL-CI-CN @ 2002-03-18 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Boyd Roberts" <boyd@strakt.com> wrote...
> > > Does Solaris 8 not come with the Sun cc compiler?
> It was unbundled as far back at Solaris 5 or earlier.

Nearly all commercial versions of UNIX did the same thing,
to the dismay of those of us for whom UNIX without C isn't
really UNIX.

* Re: [9fans] mkfile for Solaris-sparc using gcc?
@ 2002-03-18 13:25     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-03-18 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Scott Schwartz wrote:

> > Does Solaris 8 not come with the Sun cc compiler?
>
> Nope.  Unbundled product.

It was unbundled as far back at Solaris 5 or earlier.

Hello gcc ...

* Re: [9fans] mkfile for Solaris-sparc using gcc?
@ 2002-03-12  4:59   ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-03-12  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> Does Solaris 8 not come with the Sun cc compiler?
Some do not have the money to buy it.

> I tried gcc when I did the port, and it didn't
> work (or I couldn't figure out the incantation
> to make it thread-aware), so I switched to cc.

Solaris does POSIX thread support via -lpthread, I shall chase
the code and see how it works.

@ 2002-03-12  4:26   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2002-03-12  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans