* [9fans] perl5 & python
@ 2002-04-02 14:18 pac
From: pac @ 2002-04-02 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: pac

[-- Attachment #2: port --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 295 bytes --]

Hi all,
for those interested, I've put ports (credits to rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com, plan9@itic.ca) of perl 5.004, and python, that worked for me,  on the web:

http://next.gli.cas.cz/plan9/ape/perl5.004_05.tbz
http://next.gli.cas.cz/plan9/tested/pythonR3.tbz

Enjoy!
<pac@next.gli.cas.cz>

* Re: [9fans] perl5 & python
@ 2002-04-02 17:53 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-04-02 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

    http://next.gli.cas.cz/plan9/tested/pythonR3.tbz

Just for reference, where did you get it from?

I assume it's Russ's port and his/my R3 retrofiting.

* Re: [9fans] perl5 & python
@ 2002-04-08 12:54   ` peter a. cejchan
From: peter a. cejchan @ 2002-04-08 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd@strakt.com (Boyd Roberts) wrote in message news:<200204021753.g32HrltJ032427@theraft.strakt.com>...
> http://next.gli.cas.cz/plan9/tested/pythonR3.tbz
>
> Just for reference, where did you get it from?
>
> I assume it's Russ's port and his/my R3 retrofiting.

You are very probably righ (I forgot where I got it from :-(
Sorry for making it available: my motivation was *not* unfair, it was
just a quick and dirty repair to the expired link on the Wiki page
(http://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/plan9/python/). I've
immediately withdrawn your file when I found the link to you. I'm
going to edit the Wiki page appropriately ASAP. My apologies again!
BTW, it seems I had not built & installed the libraries: however, ther
is no mkfile in path-to-pythonR3-sources/lib Could you tell me how to
build & install libs (a plea from almost an ignorant :)?
TIA, excuse,

++pac.
<pac@next.gli.cas.cz>

* Re: [9fans] perl5 & python
@ 2002-04-09 11:38     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-04-09 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"peter a. cejchan" wrote:
> My apologies again!

No problem, I was just curious.

> BTW, it seems I had not built & installed the libraries: however, ther
> is no mkfile in path-to-pythonR3-sources/lib Could you tell me how to
> build & install libs (a plea from almost an ignorant :)?
> TIA, excuse,

If I had any 'copious spare time' I'd have a look at it.  The work I did
was a quick hack and then I had real work to do.