* Re: [9fans] Iso image
@ 2002-10-11  1:02 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-11  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Now I`m getting an "unhandled exception" error with Nero
> burning software. It must be me.

It's more likely that it's Nero, but yeah.
I just checked to make sure the image is
a multiple of 2048 bytes, and it is.  I'm not
sure what else Nero could care about.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Iso image
@ 2002-10-11 10:30 ` Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2002-10-11 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Russ Cox wrote:
>>Now I`m getting an "unhandled exception" error with Nero
>>burning software. It must be me.
>

> It's more likely that it's Nero, but yeah.
> I just checked to make sure the image is
> a multiple of 2048 bytes, and it is.  I'm not
> sure what else Nero could care about.
>
> Russ

I`ll try it on a different machine here at work.
	BTW , does Plan9 need a mirror ?
work for a very large hosting company and can provide free
space. It`s the least I can do considering all the help you`ve given me.

Adrian

* Re: [9fans] Iso image
@ 2002-10-11 11:34 ` Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2002-10-11 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Russ Cox wrote:
>>I`m having trouble burning the current iso to a cd, is it just me ?
>

> Are you having trouble burning the image to CD
> or reading the CD afterward.  If the former, that
> isn't usually data dependent, so you should have
> problems with any image.  If the latter, I'd be
> interested to hear more.  I just checked and I can
> read the CD under Plan 9, and the CD image creation
> tools are currently believed to work with all the
> Windows and Unix variants.
>
> Russ

It`s just burning the image , only having trouble with the
Plan9 iso, I tried other images. Must be me. I only have a windows
machine with a burner. I burned a previous Plan9 image without
difficulty. Now I`m getting an "unhandled exception" error with Nero
burning software. It must be me.

* [9fans] Iso image
@ 2002-10-11  9:47 Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2002-10-11  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-10-11  6:24 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-11  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

see mk9660(8).

* [9fans] iso image
@ 2002-10-11  6:18 Petr Cejchan
From: Petr Cejchan @ 2002-10-11  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

please,
how do i create an .iso image under plan9?
(i still use mkisofs on linux... hmmmmm)

thanks,
++pac.

* Re: [9fans] Iso image
@ 2002-10-11  2:46 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-11  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I`ll try it on a different machine here at work.
> 	BTW , does Plan9 need a mirror ?
> work for a very large hosting company and can provide free
> space. It`s the least I can do considering all the help you`ve given me.

At the moment we're not popular enough to need
the bandwidth.  If that changes, we'll let you know.
Thanks.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Iso image
@ 2002-10-11  0:06 Russ Cox