* [9fans] OT - extract from the Book of Choate
@ 2003-02-12 20:36 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2003-02-12 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

And the tribe of Pike laboured mightily, and brought forth the Plan 9
operating system, and they looked upon the fruit of their labours,
and saw that it was good. And they sent it forth into the darkness,
and the darkness comprehended it not.

And during the reign of Presotto, the Lord spake unto his servant
Choate, and said unto him, "Thou shalt go into the land of 9fans, and
thou shalt smite them, and confound them utterly."

And Choate went into the land of 9fans, and said unto them, "There
are no(!!!) introductory documents for new users." And they said unto
him, "What about 'Getting Started with Plan 9'? And the manual pages
are quite informative, and there's the Wiki, and enough information
for even a Macintosh user to get the system up and running without
too much trouble. And if thou get really stuck thou shalt ask on the
list, and thou shalt receive an answer almost before thou hast asked,
usually from the prophet Cox. And anyway, where is the introductory
document that thou hast written?" And Choate said unto them, "I'm
working on it."

And Choate spake unto 9fans again, and said unto them, "I've yet to
see an actual article in -any- of the commercial or Open Source
technical or user community literature." And they said unto him,
surely there have been a few articles in Dr Dobbs and other places?
And anyway, where are the articles that thou hast written?" And
Choate said unto them, "I'm working on it."

And 9fans spake unto Choate, and said "Anyway, what hast thou done?"
And Choate spake unto them, and said "I have created a mighty host of
a dozen people, and I have called it Hangar 18." And 9fans said unto
him, "Yes, but what hast thou actually done?" And Choate said unto
them, "Nothing, but I'm working on it."

And the Lord spake again unto his servant Choate, and said unto him,
"Hast thou gone into the land of 9fans, and hast thou smitten them,
and confounded them utterly?" And Choate said unto the Lord, "I'm
working on it."

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-12 20:36 UTC | newest]