* [9fans] radeon drivers (at last)
@ 2003-04-02  9:22 Philippe Anel
From: Philippe Anel @ 2003-04-02  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Dear 9fans,

	I am proud to announce the release of a Radeon
driver for Plan9 available at my home page :

	http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel

	It has hardware cursor, hardware fill and
scroll (accel funcs) and hw blank (a-la-mga4xx).

	It was successfuly tested on a radeon7500 and
on a radeon8500.

	I'll add in a few weeks support for digital
flat panels and lcd screens, overlay and I'll clean up
the code (in a few decade :).

	I think the current driver doesn't work on
a radeon9700 because I haven't the docs of [all] radeon
chips (ATI devrel told me they won't give me the docs
because I'm not a plan9 official). and it seems the
r300 chip has a bug. Moreover I haven't r300 based card.

	I'll ask ATI devrel for the hw docs again in
a few days so I can easily fix the bugs you'll find.

	regards,
	Philippe.

* Re: [9fans] radeon drivers (at last)
@ 2003-04-02 16:01 ` Douglas A. Gwyn