* [9fans] Compaq Armada 7730MT?
@ 2003-06-09 15:35 Dale McCluskey
From: Dale McCluskey @ 2003-06-09 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Has anyone tried to get Plan 9 to work on a Compaq Armada 7730MT?
When I tried, aux/vga didn't work... is this easily fixable, or
is it an unworkable chipset, or ???  The errors and part of the
ID dumped out by aux/vga are below.

Thanks,

Dale

aux/vga: controller not in /lib/vgadb

IBM VGA Compatible BIOS
Compaq Aurora64V+ Version 3.01-25

aux/vga: vgactlw: <type vga>: bad VGA control message "type vga"

* Re: [9fans] Compaq Armada 7730MT?
@ 2003-06-09 16:50 ` northern snowfall
From: northern snowfall @ 2003-06-09 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>Has anyone tried to get Plan 9 to work on a Compaq Armada 7730MT?
>When I tried, aux/vga didn't work... is this easily fixable, or
>is it an unworkable chipset, or ???  The errors and part of the
>ID dumped out by aux/vga are below.

I had a great plan9 term going on a 7770DMT, which is probably
very similar. It also used an Aurora64V+ and I never had any
trouble with it. In fact, you can see a screenshot (and Adalia's
spelling errors (hey babe! :P)) at

    http://blessedchildren.virtualave.net/shot0.gif

I think I blew that laptop out before 4e... I'm not sure... but,
you're looking at third edition. None the less, the chipset should
be recognized. Everything else on the laptop worked for me: sound,
pcmcia, no hard disk troubles, all the memory was recognized, serial
and parallel, etc. It was a great little workhorse until I accidently
torched it playing experimental-Joe.

Don

http://deadchildren.org/~north_