* [9fans] Version detecting nmap
@ 2003-09-16 15:39 matt
From: matt @ 2003-09-16 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There's a new version of nmap out that claims to do service fingerprinting as well as port detection.

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/versionscan.html

seems like none of the 21 testers consider plan9 worth bothering with :

Interesting ports on tiger (192.168.1.109):
(The 1191 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
7/tcp open echo
9/tcp open discard?
19/tcp open chargen?
21/tcp open ftp
22/tcp open ssh?
23/tcp open telnet?
25/tcp open smtp
53/tcp open domain?
80/tcp open http?
110/tcp open pop-3?
113/tcp open auth?
143/tcp open imap
513/tcp open login?
565/tcp open whoami?
567/tcp open banyan-rpc?
993/tcp open imaps?
995/tcp open pop3s?
7070/tcp open realserver?
8080/tcp open http-proxy?
17007/tcp open isode-dua?
9 services unrecognized despite returning data.

While I imagine someone might submit the fingerprints sooner or lter it is nice to know that sometimes obscurity works in our favour.

matt

* Re: [9fans] Version detecting nmap
@ 2003-09-16 15:42 ` northern snowfall
From: northern snowfall @ 2003-09-16 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

All previous versions recognize plan9's network stack as Plan 9 revision 3.
Fingerprints were based on mail-in's, so expect some to come.

Don

http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_

Soon.