* [9fans] pjpeg in /sys/lib/memetype
@ 2014-11-14  7:20 Kenji Arisawa
From: Kenji Arisawa @ 2014-11-14  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

It is curious for me that ".jpg" has two lines in /sys/lib/mimetype.
term% grep jpeg /sys/lib/mimetype
.jfif		image		jpeg		-		y
.jfif-tbnl	image		jpeg		-		y
.jpe		image		jpeg		-		y
.jpeg		image		jpeg		-		y
.jpg		image		jpeg		-		y
.jpg		image		pjpeg		-		y
term%

The file is currently consulted by only two applications: mail and httpd.
I have thought that the file provides conventional way to determine mime type from file suffix. If so, what is the mime time for "foo.jpg"?

Kenji Arisawa

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-11-14  7:20 UTC | newest]