* [9fans] External Monitors on Laptops
@ 2000-11-27 17:54 Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2000-11-27 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Has anyone played around with using external monitors
on Plan 9 laptops...I've been trying to get it to work on my
thinkpad 600e and I can get it to work sometimes, but only if I boot up
in exclusive external video mode -- but it seems unpredictable
and quick to anger.

	-eric
--
  Eric Van Hensbergen           	"We make the coffee that makes
  PathStar (tm) Access Server - Kernel Team	communications work."

* Re: [9fans] External Monitors on Laptops
@ 2000-11-27 18:20 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-11-27 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've used them once in a while.  They are in fact
unpredictable and quick to anger.  We don't have
a good interface for setting two sets of registers:
one for the LCD and one for the external monitor.
I have some ideas about how to fix it, but it hasn't
been pressing.  It's on the vga todo list.
If anyone else wants to beat me to it...

Russ