* [9fans] two nics (alternating) vs dns config
@ 2012-01-24  4:15 Troy Cauble
From: Troy Cauble @ 2012-01-24  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have plan9 in VirtualBox on a macbook.
I use the wired network at work and wifi at home.
The Vbox config has two network adaptors,
1 bridged to the wired and 1 bridged to the wifi.

I'd like my plan9 config to boot and work on either network.
(Even better if it could switch without a reboot!)

I've bound '#l1' to /net (not /net.alt) in /lib/namespace.$node
and /cfg/$node/cpurc.  The two static ipconfigs work.
I can ping out and drawterm in.

The only issue is dns.  DNS always uses /net/ether0.
How do I make it use /net/ether1 when needed?
Would the /net.alt style config work better?

My /lib/ndb/local describes both networks with the same sys name.
MAC addresses differentiate.  'ndb/query sys $node' returns the
right set when I'm home, but DNS doesn't use it.

Thanks,
-troy

[parent not found: <CAMhmq__WZQ2MS_FiAfgV385xHuKbwzi8aTXhxLJ7_HZppw+N1w@mail.gmail.c>]