* Re: [9fans] Plan9 usage but used to parallel MPI on linux..
@ 2016-10-31 10:18 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2016-10-31 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoting from the Plan 9 wiki (whose web interface doesn't seem to
be functioning at present):

@ 2016-10-31  2:01 ` Chris McGee
From: Chris McGee @ 2016-10-31  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I would be interested in manuals or papers on this subject as well.

Plan9 is well suited to distributed computing with its per process namespaces and network transparent resource access. Do grid computing projects built on plan9 use the built-in OS facilities such as cpu and 9p or do they generally favour custom protocols and for what reasons?

Cheers,
Chris

@ 2016-10-31  0:33 Darren Wise
From: Darren Wise @ 2016-10-31  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)