* [9fans] contrib/install
       [not found] <1244577693.1377424.1450623139190.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2015-12-20 14:52 ` G B
From: G B @ 2015-12-20 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to install contributed software and after running install contrib/install I always get:
term% contrib/install fgb/opensslcontrib/install: './contrib' directory entry not found
So I create it and get:term% contrib/install: './contrib/install' does not exist
Then:contrib/install: './contrib/install' cannot exec directory
Any help would be appreciated.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Re: [9fans] contrib/install
@ 2015-12-20 19:32   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-12-20 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: g_patrickb, 9fans

what is the value of the 'path' environment variable?  (i.e. echo $path)

@ 2015-12-20 21:40     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2015-12-20 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I wonder, have you installed the contribution package? If not then this is what you need, I think - it's been a few years since I did this...

9fs sources
/n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/rc/bin/contrib/install fgb/contrib

Once this completes you should be able to do the installs you wanted.
FYI, i have never used OpenSSL on plan9, there is a an sslv2 compliant
client an server thanks to cor aid and Brian Stuart.

-Steve

@ 2015-12-21  0:15       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-12-21  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I wonder, have you installed the contribution package? If not then this is what you need, I think - it's been a few years since I did this...
>
> 9fs sources
> /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/rc/bin/contrib/install fgb/contrib
>
> Once this completes you should be able to do the installs you wanted.
> FYI, i have never used OpenSSL on plan9, there is a an sslv2 compliant
> client an server thanks to cor aid and Brian Stuart.
>
> -Steve
>

> > On 20 Dec 2015, at 19:32, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote:
> >
> > what is the value of the 'path' environment variable?  (i.e. echo $path)
> >

> >> I am trying to install contributed software and after running install contrib/install I always get:
> >> term% contrib/install fgb/opensslcontrib/install: './contrib' directory entry not found
> >> So I create it and get:term% contrib/install: './contrib/install' does not exist
> >> Then:contrib/install: './contrib/install' cannot exec directory
> >> Any help would be appreciated.

is contrib/* set to be executable?  as mentioned above, the contrib programs
(like patch, and apatch) call each other, so it's important that the top-level
directory be in one's path.

- erik