* [9fans] Recommended resources for exploring the Plan 9 kernel.
@ 2003-02-18  8:45 Vester Thacker
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vester Thacker @ 2003-02-18  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am delving into plan9/mach kernel and am looking for some resources on
kernel internals. I've completed an exhaustive search on the topic using the
google search engine, but I thought it better to ask the experts about good
reference material instead. Any recommendations, or comments about dated
material to stay away from? TIA.

Vester Thacker

* [9fans] Re: Acd Compile/Run problems
@ 2003-02-19  9:58 ` Conor Williams
From: Conor Williams @ 2003-02-19  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hi
Got acd compiled properly last night - tx Russ & Nigel
Now its having problems in win.c with the function newwindow...
it tries to open /mnt/wsys/new/ctl but it doesnt find it...
so how do I open a new window - or do I bind a hash into /dev
tx
will551

* Re: [9fans] Recommended resources for exploring the Plan 9 kernel.
@ 2003-02-19 10:04 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-02-19 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I am delving into plan9/mach kernel and am looking for some resources on
> kernel internals. I've completed an exhaustive search on the topic using the
> google search engine, but I thought it better to ask the experts about good
> reference material instead. Any recommendations, or comments about dated
> material to stay away from? TIA.
>
> Vester Thacker

The best resource -- in addition to the source code -- is Nemo's
Kernel Notes for Plan9 3rd Ed.  Look for "kernel notes" on the page below:

http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/

* Re: [9fans] Re: Acd Compile/Run problems
@ 2003-02-19 10:05   ` nigel
From: nigel @ 2003-02-19 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

run acd inside acme.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2031 bytes --]

From: "Conor Williams" <connorwilliamsie@aol.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Re: Acd Compile/Run problems
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:58:39 -0000