* [9fans] plan 9 xenpc build attempt
@ 2004-12-12  2:04 David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2004-12-12  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Trying to build the ../pc source from the xenpc directory that Ron
asked me to make and I'm stalled out on doing this task for now.

There's a lot of interesting little scripts and make rules pulled in
from elsewhere in the pc mkfile and really it's not terribly fun or
interesting for me to play with this stuff when I've got other
projects I feel I can make progress on that interest me more.

Not sure what exactly I need to do here to get it to build but I'm
completely stalled out here.

I don't expect I'll spend much more time on this until I receive
further instructions for trying this.  I also don't understand why I
can't just copy the ../pc source into the xenpc directory and start
going.  I'm not terribly interested in bending the Plan 9 kernel build
system to do xenpc builds at this time and I don't expect my
motivation to do this sort of thing to increase in the near future.

Dave

* Re: [9fans] plan 9 xenpc build attempt
@ 2004-12-13  5:05 ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2004-12-13  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Leimbach, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

david, sorry this is not working for you, I'll see what happens when I try
it.

thanks for trying

ron

* Re: [9fans] plan 9 xenpc build attempt
@ 2004-12-13 15:25   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2004-12-13 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ronald G. Minnich; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Well if I hadn't been traveling all last week and just gotten a bunch
of "work work" added before the holiday coming up.

I have a long holiday btw and might get another shot at this [sort of
mandatory vacation... ugh].

Dave