* [9fans] fossil+venti install?
@ 2005-07-22 15:14 rattan
From: rattan @ 2005-07-22 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am trying to install (from plan9.iso) with configfs:
fossil+venti

At system install step (task to do: copydist),
the process is painfully slow with continuously
repeated messages (of type):

   entire cache is busy, 2999 dirty waking flush thread
   cache is ok again

Is this normal (6% installed in 15 minutes)?

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] fossil+venti install?
@ 2005-07-22 15:44 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-07-22 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This happened to me on the last CD install attempt to.

I eventually went back to the  "floppy method" and all was well.

I think it might be that my CD drive isn't well supported and my
SouthBridge isn't really supported by Plan 9 causing DMA failures?

Hard to say..

Dave