* [9fans] Install plan9 in pc but South bridge not found
@ 2006-08-30  9:04 youwubing
From: youwubing @ 2006-08-30  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,eveybody!I want to install plan9 in my pc,but when I startup my
pc,and it appeared:

    apm ax=f000 cx=f000 dx=fdf0 di=0 ebx=806c esi=f041c
    pcirouting: South bridge 10DE ,02F1 not found
    Boot devices:fd0
    boot from:

So ,the installation could not go on.
The south bridge is nVIDIA MCP51G and my motherboard is C51G-M754.

I have install the plan9 in the qemu based Windwos,but I want to
install it to my hard disk.
And Could I install plan9 in the SATA hard disk?

Thanks very much!

Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@bath.ac.uk

* Re: [9fans] Install plan9 in pc but South bridge not found
@ 2006-08-30 12:01 ` Sergey Zhilkin
From: Sergey Zhilkin @ 2006-08-30 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi ! As far as I know SATA is not supported. Use IDE or SCSI drives.

@ 2006-08-30 12:03 ` Sergey Zhilkin
From: Sergey Zhilkin @ 2006-08-30 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ops ..:) I'm looking on
http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/supported_pc_hardware/index.html
Some of SATA controllers is supported :) but not nVidia

2006/8/30, youwubing <wubingyou@gmail.com>:

> Hello,eveybody!I want to install plan9 in my pc,but when I startup my
> pc,and it appeared:
>
>     apm ax=f000 cx=f000 dx=fdf0 di=0 ebx=806c esi=f041c
>     pcirouting: South bridge 10DE ,02F1 not found
>     Boot devices:fd0
>     boot from:
>
> So ,the installation could not go on.
> The south bridge is nVIDIA MCP51G and my motherboard is C51G-M754.
>
> I have install the plan9 in the qemu based Windwos,but I want to
> install it to my hard disk.
> And Could I install plan9 in the SATA hard disk?
>
> Thanks very much!
>

> --
> Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
> D.H.Davis@bath.ac.uk

* Re: Re: [9fans] Install plan9 in pc but South bridge not found
@ 2006-08-30 15:01   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2006-08-30 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thought I just saw a patch go in for supporting Nforce4 SATA like a
week ago in the changes google group or email list.

They're still working on the replica servers though so I'd be wary on
updating for a bit.

Dave