* Re: [9fans] authentication help
@ 2004-02-10  0:33 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-10  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> When I run "cpu -h <auth/cpu ip addr> -c ls /" on the cpu/auth server, I
> receive what I expect (a listing of all the files). However when I run that
> same command on my Plan 9 terminal, I receive "srvauth::auth server protocol
> botch".

that usually means your authdom= entry in ndb isn't what the auth
server thinks it is.  run auth/debug from the terminal to see if
that's the case.

see other suggestions in the archives, particularly "telnet problem"
from 2003-Feb-11.

andrey

* [9fans] authentication help
@ 2004-02-10  0:54 James Horey
From: James Horey @ 2004-02-10  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, I recently installed both a Plan 9 cpu/auth server and a Plan 9 terminal
following the instructions on the Wiki pages. I am now trying to get the
Plan 9 terminal to authenticate and use the cpu/auth server, but am running
into some trouble.

When I run "cpu -h <auth/cpu ip addr> -c ls /" on the cpu/auth server, I
receive what I expect (a listing of all the files). However when I run that
same command on my Plan 9 terminal, I receive "srvauth::auth server protocol
botch".

Finally for curiousity, I tried using "drawterm -a <ip> -c <ip>" on my Linux
box and received this warning: "cannot authenticate with p9". If this has
anything to do with my /lib/ndb/local file, I would be glad to attach them.
Thanks for anybody that can help!

-James Horey