* [9fans] disabled account
@ 2003-06-16 19:17 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-06-16 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What are all the possible ways an account would be disabled by
auth?  I had a case earlier where one account was disabled but
I don't ever recall running auth/disable or any inadvertent 'echo
disable >/mnt/keys/$user/status' on the auth box. Weird?!

* Re: [9fans] disabled account
@ 2003-06-16 20:27 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-06-16 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Accounts get disabled if you have too
many auth failures.  Playing with aquarela
seems to be an excellent way to do this.

* Re: [9fans] disabled account
@ 2003-06-16 20:29 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-06-16 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I should change the semantics of the authsrv to just disable accounts for
5 seconds or so after 3 failed attempts instead of disabling them altogether.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1655 bytes --]

From: "Skip Tavakkolian" <fst@centurytel.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] disabled account
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:17:52 -0700

@ 2003-06-16 21:33   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2003-06-16 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Playing with aquarela
> seems to be an excellent way to do this.

Mystery solved. Thanks. I was starting to get real paranoid.

P.S.
In "Bourne Identity" was Jason a clairvoyant too?

* Re: [9fans] disabled account
@ 2003-06-16 22:39     ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2003-06-16 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

no, you're confusing him with Spiderman.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1797 bytes --]

From: "Skip Tavakkolian" <fst@centurytel.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] disabled account
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:33:58 -0700