* [9fans] udp headers
@ 2003-04-18  5:58 nigel
From: nigel @ 2003-04-18  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Udp headers mode gives me the local and remote address and port.
In doing so, it hides whether the incoming packet was broadcast or not.

Is there a way around this?

* Re: [9fans] udp headers
@ 2003-04-18 11:50 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-04-18 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Not unless I change something.  What would you like to see?

* Re: [9fans] udp headers
@ 2003-04-18 11:57   ` nigel
From: nigel @ 2003-04-18 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Aha, I thought you might say that.

I'd like to see the ip destination out of the ip header, in addition to
the information already put in the header.

How the header gets extended in an elegant fashion, I'm unsure.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1322 bytes --]

From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] udp headers
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:50:21 -0400

@ 2003-04-18 12:24     ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-04-18 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

My first reaction is to just change the definition of Udphdr and
Udphdrsize and get everyone to recompile everything.  While I'm
at it maybe I should toss in whatever else people want to see:

typedef struct Udphdr Udphdr;
struct Udphdr
{
	uchar	raddr[IPaddrlen];	/* remote address */
	uchar	laddr[IPaddrlen];	/* local address */
	uchar	rport[2];
	uchar	lport[2];
	uchar	oaddr[IPaddrlen];	/* original dest address */
	uchar	tos;
	uchar	ttl;
};

I would prefer this than some intermediate solution where we
have two different header types until everyone is using the
new one.  I'm still regreting the headers4 control message
(which I just noticed happens to have a bug in the one place
its used).  While I'm at it, I'll nuke headers4.

Comments?  Anyone mind if I break udp headers?  I'll update
everything on sources but you'll have to take care of your own
programs.

* Re: [9fans] udp headers
@ 2003-04-18 13:01       ` nigel
From: nigel @ 2003-04-18 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My first reaction is to just change the definition of Udphdr and
> Udphdrsize and get everyone to recompile everything.  While I'm
> at it maybe I should toss in whatever else people want to see:
>
> its used).  While I'm at it, I'll nuke headers4.
>
> Comments?  Anyone mind if I break udp headers?  I'll update
> everything on sources but you'll have to take care of your own
> programs.

Go ahead, make my day.

* Re: [9fans] udp headers
@ 2003-04-29 13:26 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2003-04-29 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Udp headers mode gives me the local and remote address and port.
> In doing so, it hides whether the incoming packet was broadcast or not.
>
> Is there a way around this?

check out:

    http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/usenet/comp.sources.unix/volume26/xwhosup