* Amazon Basics USB mice not working on rpi, updated
@ 2020-05-14  8:11 Daniel Morandini
From: Daniel Morandini @ 2020-05-14  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, 9fans

Hi folks,
this message is an update of [1].

The effects of the issue, which arise on 9front running on a rpi, are:
- inability to effectively use any of the 3 mouse buttons (no popover, no window resizing)
- rio’s text content is flickering while the mouse is moving (note, the mouse IS moving at least)

I followed ori instructions [2] asking me to try the mouse on a 386 machine. I finally managed to start 9front on an old macbook; I found other issues there that might be discussed another time, but what its relevant here is that the mouse there is working!

I investigated a little further by looking at the output of /dev/mouse, maybe I found something. Here are some example lines
m 549 183 0 1042100 # 9front, macbook
m 681 398 0 2910970 # 9legacy, rpi
m 614 375 8 985430 # 9front, rpi

The 3rd column (tells which buttons were pressed and the wheel rotation right?), in the 9front case on the rpi only, keeps on switching from 16 to 8 each read. This does not happen on the other two setups.

I’m running the latest image release (no thinkpad) with cinap’s [3] patch.

dan

[1] https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tf467e22d368cadb2-M65943bcc3de5a6a028956350/9front-amazon-basics-usb-mice-not-working-on-rpi-2
[2] https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td646dc8a14a94c8a-M43a994105546adf1fb22f5ca/9front-kernel-panic-on-bootstrap-on-rpi
[3] https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td646dc8a14a94c8a-Mfa9fc31011fe6662abb3e3e8/9front-kernel-panic-on-bootstrap-on-rpi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-14  8:12 UTC | newest]