* [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-06 21:13 Russ Cox
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-06-06 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone know where to buy a Tux the Penguin punching bag?

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07  0:56 ` Brantley Coile
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-06-07  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Having a problem?

  Brantley

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2194 bytes --]

From: Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] stress relief
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:13:40 -0500

Anyone know where to buy a Tux the Penguin punching bag?

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07  1:14 ` ron minnich
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: ron minnich @ 2004-06-07  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Russ Cox wrote:

> Anyone know where to buy a Tux the Penguin punching bag?

You having trouble? I don't get it. You're working with the best OS with
the best VM ever written by humankind on the face of this earth. You're
obviously just wrong.

ron

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07  1:57 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-06-07  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Tux the Penguin punching bags should be free!

Russ Cox wrote:
> Anyone know where to buy a Tux the Penguin punching bag?

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-06-07  2:13 ` John DeGood
From: John DeGood @ 2004-06-07  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Russ Cox wrote:

>Anyone know where to buy a Tux the Penguin punching bag?

   http://meph.eu.org/

Click once and Tux will jump.  Click again at the right time and the
Yeti's bat will send Tux flying.

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07  2:16   ` Joel Salomon
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Joel Salomon @ 2004-06-07  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nu3e, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

John DeGood said:
>    http://meph.eu.org/

for the fortune file?
	smack the pingu!!!
I've got up to 490.2 on this timewaster.

--Joel

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07  2:32   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-06-07  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nu3e, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yeti's belting Tux with a bat should be free!
Oh, they are ...

@ 2004-06-07  2:41     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-06-07  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://obelix.jol.hu/pingu/ has a lot going on ...

Joel Salomon wrote:

> John DeGood said:
>
>>   http://meph.eu.org/
>>

> for the fortune file?
> 	smack the pingu!!!
> I've got up to 490.2 on this timewaster.
>
> --Joel

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07  8:55     ` Nigel Roles
From: Nigel Roles @ 2004-06-07  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>I've got up to 490.2 on this timewaster.
>
>--Joel

502.

I prefer a skied one to a nice cover drive; the
penguin comes down head first.

This one's for clone(). Thwack!
This one's for the useless default bdflush settings. Thwack!
This one's for the memory allocator. Thwack!
And so on.

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-06-07  8:55 ` Michaelo
From: Michaelo @ 2004-06-07  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Russ Cox wrote:

> Anyone know where to buy a Tux the Penguin punching bag?

Try to go the the Amsterdam, and from it to Helsinki,
There are wild road to pinguins nests. :)))

So, what's happend with "plan nein"!

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07 13:30   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-06-07 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i've always thought those little tux soft toys would make great 9mm pistol targets.

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-07 13:51     ` Wes Kussmaul
From: Wes Kussmaul @ 2004-06-07 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>I've got up to 490.2 on this timewaster.

576.6

I have a pdf of the screen for any skeptics out there.

And I bat right, not left!

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-09 19:21 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-06-09 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axwrt001, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> maybe a more surgical approach with a .223 ...

nah, the round is unstable and tumbles, tearing a large cavity.

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-09 19:19 Matt Pidd-Cheshire
From: Matt Pidd-Cheshire @ 2004-06-09 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>>my S&W .40 cal makes more of a mess especially with hollowpoints
>
> nah, FMJ, then you have more fun blowing off limbs.

maybe a more surgical approach with a .223 ...
does the tux penguin have fingers? if not I can't
see how it could code so good :P

Bang! /that's/ for lousy ATA scheduling ...
Bang! and /that's/ 'cause there are 9 more rounds in the clip ...

* Re: [9fans] stress relief
@ 2004-06-09 18:57 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-06-09 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axwrt001, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2004-06-09 15:44 Matt Pidd-Cheshire
From: Matt Pidd-Cheshire @ 2004-06-09 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2004-06-07  9:14 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2004-06-07  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 502.
> I prefer a skied one to a nice cover drive

502 with skied one?!  Bravo!!

> This one's for clone(). Thwack!

You will be replied with Rhwack!