* [9fans] CD install help  [apologies for the duplicate post]
@ 2004-06-23  2:07 Eli Collins
From: Eli Collins @ 2004-06-23  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm having trouble installing from a CD. I'm stuck at the 'Distribution
disk [no default]' prompt during the mountdist step. The following
storage media were detected:

/dev/sdC0/9fat
/dev/sdC0/data
/dev/sdC0/fossil
/dev/sdC0/nvram
/dev/sdC0/swap
/dev/sdD0/cdboot
/dev/sdD0/data

Entering any of these at the prompt results in the message 'Unknown disk
type (cannot happen)'. This message originates from the mountdist script
but does not make sense to me. At this point the installer sometimes
lets me have another go at the prompt but often just hangs. I first
tried /dev/sdD0/data as it seems appropriate but none of the above
storage media work. I can run successfully run Plan 9 off the CD.

Any ideas?

eli

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-23  2:07 UTC | newest]