* [9fans] vnc works here
@ 2004-08-07 14:11 Thomas Miller
From: Thomas Miller @ 2004-08-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Last night I tried vnc ("Virtual Network Computing,"
see http://www.realvnc.com) for the first time using
the realvnc windows server in "user mode" on a
Windows XP box and the plan9 vncv client connected
by ethernet through a local router.

I though it worth reporting that this worked "out of
the box."  I was very much amused to see the whole
XP desktop come up on the Apple branded Trinitron
which is connected to my plan9 machine.  I spent an
hour or so using vnc to run various programs on the
Windows box without any problems at all, aside, of
course, from Windows itself. :-)

If I understand correctly, a major fly in the ointment
is that there is no way for a person connected by
vnc to the Windows machine and a second person sitting
at the keyboard of the Windows machine to do, on the
Windows machine, separate tasks simultaneously.

Kindest regards,

Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-07 14:11 UTC | newest]