From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] VBE 1.2/2.0+ functions for Plan9
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:37:45 +0100	[thread overview]

Tiit Lankots wrote:
>> Because VBE will work on all the cards that have been manufactured in
>> the last 8 years and SNAP won't.
>

> Dream on. You seriously think that every backalley bastard card implements
> VBE? SNAP has the best coverage i've seen so far, and it's very compact at
> it + has been thoroughly tested.

No, I'm aware that not all of them do. But perhaps you should take your
hostility somewhere else, because I'm certainly not finding it helpful.
I've gotten a good bit of positive response when I started this thread,
from both users and developers. If you want to do SNAP for Plan 9, by
all means do so. I'm not stopping you. I'm also not interested in
porting it over.

I'm asking for help implementing real mode trap code to do in-kernel
execution-time 16-bit calls and if you're not interested in that, please
just don't contribute to the thread. If you'd like to lambast me, please
do it privately.

Thanks,

Devon