* [9fans] SuperComputing in Seattle.
@ 2005-10-16 23:59 Roman Shaposhnick
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Roman Shaposhnick @ 2005-10-16 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Guys,

I know that at least some of you use Plan9 for the cluster work and such,
hence SuperComputing expo in Seattle might be of an interest to you.

I guess depending on how many of us will be there (I, for one, will be)
it could be a nice opportunity for Plan 9 beer bash or something.

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Roman.

* Re: [9fans] SuperComputing in Seattle.
@ 2005-10-17  0:19 ` John F.
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: John F. @ 2005-10-17  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 16:59 -0700, Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I know that at least some of you use Plan9 for the cluster work and such,
> hence SuperComputing expo in Seattle might be of an interest to you.
>
> I guess depending on how many of us will be there (I, for one, will be)
> it could be a nice opportunity for Plan 9 beer bash or something.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

I think there must be some kind of conspiracy to keep me away from big
computing expos and meetings.  *After* I go across the country, I find
out that there's a Supercomputing expo a few hours from my home town :-)
Ah well, have fun whoever ends up going!  Get some pictures!
By the way, if you're interested in (non-Plan 9) supercomputers, there
is a ~1000 node supercomputer running Linux at Pacific Northwest
National Laboratories near Pasco, Washington.  I'm not sure how easy it
is to get in; security is tight.  I got in to interview someone
there--if you can get in and you're in the area, check it out.  Pretty
cool setup.
Peace

John Floren

* Re: [9fans] SuperComputing in Seattle.
@ 2005-10-17  2:38 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2005-10-17  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I guess depending on how many of us will be there (I, for one, will be)
> it could be a nice opportunity for Plan 9 beer bash or something.
>
> What do you think ?

yes.  i can help coordinate.

* Re: [9fans] SuperComputing in Seattle.
@ 2005-10-17  5:11 ` Matt Sottile
From: Matt Sottile @ 2005-10-17  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ron must not be reading email tonight....

I think at least two or three folks from Los Alamos who work on/are
interested in Plan9 will be at SC.  I will, Ron will, and I think
Andrey might also be there.

Ron might even have some of his new plan9-related projects demoing
somewhere at the conference..

Your turn Ron.

-m

On Oct 16, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Roman Shaposhnick wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I know that at least some of you use Plan9 for the cluster work and
> such,
> hence SuperComputing expo in Seattle might be of an interest to you.
>
> I guess depending on how many of us will be there (I, for one, will
> be)
> it could be a nice opportunity for Plan 9 beer bash or something.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

---
Matthew Sottile (matt@lanl.gov)
Advanced Computing Laboratory (CCS-1)
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone: (505)665-6057
Web: http://ddma.lanl.gov/~matt/

* Re: [9fans] SuperComputing in Seattle.
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-10-17 14:35 ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2005-10-17 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I know that at least some of you use Plan9 for the cluster work and such,
> hence SuperComputing expo in Seattle might be of an interest to you.
>
> I guess depending on how many of us will be there (I, for one, will be)
> it could be a nice opportunity for Plan 9 beer bash or something.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

I will be there with a booth. We may have a small plan 9 cluster there,
in the lanl booth.

andrey will also be in the lanl booth. I guess we'll be happy to see any
of you who can make it.

I can set up a Plan 9 bof, although beer bash has more appeal.

ron

* Re: [9fans] SuperComputing in Seattle.
@ 2005-10-18 18:16   ` Roman Shaposhnick
From: Roman Shaposhnick @ 2005-10-18 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:35:34AM -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
> >Guys,
> >
> >I know that at least some of you use Plan9 for the cluster work and such,
> >hence SuperComputing expo in Seattle might be of an interest to you.
> >
> >I guess depending on how many of us will be there (I, for one, will be)
> >it could be a nice opportunity for Plan 9 beer bash or something.
> >
> >What do you think ?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Roman.
>

> I will be there with a booth. We may have a small plan 9 cluster there,
> in the lanl booth.
>
> andrey will also be in the lanl booth. I guess we'll be happy to see any
> of you who can make it.
>
> I can set up a Plan 9 bof, although beer bash has more appeal.

  Sounds like a plan, then! At least now we have three out of some pinned
  down to booths. Shouldn't be too difficult to find each other.

Thanks,
Roman.