* [9fans] acd error talking to server
@ 2006-08-06  2:59 John Boutland
From: John Boutland @ 2006-08-06  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Discovered acd and ran in acme. Track list comes up OK, right click
starts CD running; stop, resume, eject, etc all work OK but no sound.
Error message says: Error talking to server, server says: 202.
Comunication problem, perhaps need preliminary audio setup? Tried bind
-a '#A' /dev on one advice (without understanding what it does). Has no
effect (hope I haven't wrecked anything in the process). Audio card is
ES1371 [AudioPCI-97], usual driver is es1371. Appreciate advice.
John

* Re: [9fans] acd error talking to server
@ 2006-08-06  9:42 ` Gabriel Diaz
From: Gabriel Diaz @ 2006-08-06  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello

I think that sound card is not supported :-?

btw, acd ,afaik, does not use /dev/audio, just tells the CD drive
to play the audio-cd it has, so you will need an audio cable between
the soundcard and the CD drive too.

i never saw that "comunication problem" message, but may be it is related
to cddb connectivity, as the freedb server may be is down now (you can see
their homepage for the reasons www.freedb.org). Your track list appears with
the songs names too or only the numbers?

may be the manpage of bind will give you some light about
that bind -a '#A' /dev ;-)

slds.

gabi

@ 2006-08-06 10:21   ` John Boutland
From: John Boutland @ 2006-08-06 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Gabi,
Thanks for the reply. I should have quoted the error message! It is
just: 'Error talking to server, server says: 202.'
The rest is my comment. There is a cable from CD to card; it works OK
with other OS. Only the track numbers appear, but from what I have read,
not connecting to freedb server should not prevent playing?
John

Gabriel Diaz wrote:

> Hello
> I think that sound card is not supported :-?
>
> btw, acd ,afaik, does not use /dev/audio, just tells the CD drive
> to play the audio-cd it has, so you will need an audio cable between
> the soundcard and the CD drive too.
>
> i never saw that "comunication problem" message, but may be it is related
> to cddb connectivity, as the freedb server may be is down now (you can
> see
> their homepage for the reasons www.freedb.org
> <http://www.freedb.org>). Your track list appears with
> the songs names too or only the numbers?
>
> may be the manpage of bind will give you some light about
> that bind -a '#A' /dev ;-)
> slds.
> gabi

* [9fans] plan9 iso for spark
@ 2006-08-06 12:10     ` Sha0lin
From: Sha0lin @ 2006-08-06 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

does anybody knows where is de spark plan9 iso?
thnx

* Re: [9fans] plan9 iso for spark
@ 2006-08-06 15:30       ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2006-08-06 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

no (current) iso for sparc exists. you must build it from a PC
(sadly). also, the port itself (themselves, really; there's two
distinct "sparc" ports depending on what hardware you're interested
in) is in a very basic state; i think you still need to boot from a
separate file server (no local fs).