* Re: [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-05  5:48 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-05  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Cpu won't work to v3 cpu servers.  Sorry.
The other way around works -- cpu from v3 to v4.

The problem is that there's no equivalent of
srvold9p in the other direction.  Even once you
get cpu to negotiate correctly, exportfs starts
speaking 9P2000 to the old system, which confuses
things enough that the remote system hangs up.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-05  1:20 ` Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2002-05-05  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 09:16:05PM -0400, Russ Cox wrote:

> That's what I've seen before.  I never figured it out.
> Perhaps we can reproduce it here.

fwiw, i'm seeing the same thing here.

--
Christopher Nielsen - Metal-wielding pyro techie
"Those who are willing to trade freedom for security deserve

* Re: [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-05  1:16 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-05  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-04 23:32 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-05-04 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

Thanks Russ,

Snoopy shows that my v4 terminal began to cominucate with
CPU server and AUTH sever.

However...

term% cou -o

!Adding key: dom=aichi-u.ac.jp proto=p9sk1
user[arisawa]:
password:
!
term%

That is, `cpu%' is not prompted and the terminal is not connected to
CPU server.

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* Re: [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-04 23:07 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-04 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You probably don't have authdom set
in your ndb files.  If your auth server
is 1.2.3.4 you should try

cat >>/net/ndb
	authdom=aichi-u.ac.jp
	auth=1.2.3.4
<ctl-d>
echo -n refresh >/net/cs

If that works, then you should add authdom=aichi-u.ac.jp
to the tuple that defines the auth server for your
network in /lib/ndb.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-04 22:14 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-04 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You should be able to use cpu's
undocumented "-o" flag to connect
to v3 cpu servers.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-04 21:56 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-05-04 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello Russ,

>You should be able to use cpu's
>undocumented "-o" flag to connect
>to v3 cpu servers.
Thank you, but my v4 terminal reports:
cpu: can't authenticate: ar: auth_proxy rpc write:
bootes: no auth server for aichi-u.ac.jp

What should I check?

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* [9fans] cpu commans to v3 server
@ 2002-05-04 21:03 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-05-04 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

Are there any way to connect v3 CPU server using cpu command
from v4 terminal?

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp