* Re: [9fans] Plan B demos and papers
@ 2005-07-28 10:14 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-07-28 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hmm... It seems that Mr.Yamanash can play Go...

I can't say I can play Go, yet. :)
I only found Tsumego interesting after Andrey had
asked me if I play Go, maybe half a year ago.

* Re: [9fans] Plan B demos and papers
@ 2005-07-29 22:40         ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2005-07-29 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrey mirtchovski, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i wrote "goanna" a long time ago for 8th edition.  (rob wrote goterm
for the 5620 which was the graphical interface).

goanna played very quickly and methodically.  it was
easy for a human to beat but befuddled other go playing programs
of the era.  i don't know where to find a copy but if i do i'll yell.

brucee

@ 2005-07-29 21:51       ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-07-29 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2005-07-29 21:44     ` Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten
From: Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten @ 2005-07-29 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yes, yes! One of the lurking class would love go on my cpu box!

--
Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten
5813 E 64 PL TULSA, OK 74136

* Re: [9fans] Plan B demos and papers
@ 2005-07-29  1:25   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2005-07-29  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gorka guardiola, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2005-07-28 13:37 ` Gorka guardiola
From: Gorka guardiola @ 2005-07-28 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It is a simple program I wrote as client for omero, our user
interface. You can run it in omero which as nemo said can run on Plan
9. It works, though it doesnt count seki well (I dont know if there is
any program out there which does). You can play
with it by sharing the goban, so as in a real goban,
it doesnt know about turns. It knows about kou, dead groups
and can count at the end if you mark the dead but not yet
without liberties groups. It doesnt understand sgf and stores
the game in a very simple format without variations.

The code probably needs cleaning.

@ 2005-07-28  9:13 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2005-07-28  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I saw a Go board on the bottom right corner in the above screenshot.
> Is it a multiplayer Go game?  Does it run on P9 too?

Hmm... It seems that Mr.Yamanash can play Go...
Let play with me on Plan 9.

Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] Plan B demos and papers
@ 2005-07-28  4:04 ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-07-28  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, YAMANASHI Takeshi wrote:

> I saw a Go board on the bottom right corner in the above screenshot.
> Is it a multiplayer Go game?  Does it run on P9 too?

I dunno, but I sure want that 'tar up and untar the gui' stuff. That was
neat.

ron

* Re: [9fans] Plan B demos and papers
@ 2005-07-28  0:30 YAMANASHI Takeshi
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-07-28  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2005-07-21 13:42 Fco. J. Ballesteros
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2005-07-21 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

	Because Plan B is a modified Plan 9 system, I think this is not
off-topic. You can find some demos (videos) at http://lsub.org/ls/demos.html
The paper at http://lsub.org/ls/export/3e.pdf describes the system, the paper
at http://lsub.org/ls/export/omero.pdf describes the user interface, omero.

Thanks in advance for any comment.