From: Wes Kussmaul <wes@authentrus.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Slow response, was /n/sources/contrib/
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:42:32 -0500	[thread overview]

>> Funnily enough, I recently read an article about
>> the possibility of "Internet brown-outs" in a few years
>> as ancient overloaded infrastructure hits it's limits:
>> maybe that was one of them:-).

Wikipedia on Bob Metcalfe: ...Metcalfe is perhaps best known for his 1995 prediction that the internet would suffer a
catastrophic collapse the following year; he promised to eat his words if it did not. During his key note speech at the
Sixth WWW International Conference in 1997, he took a printed copy of his column that predicted the collapse, put it in
a blender with some liquid and then consumed the pulpy mass.

Wes Kussmaul

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify attorney Mort Hapless at Vulner, Exposed & Wideopen LLP immediately at either (781) 647-7178, or at
ohoh@vulex.com, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. No, really. Really. Listen, we mean it! Hey,
if you don’t stop reading that confidential stuff about our client you’re in big trouble. OK, we’re the ones in trouble
but we’ll find a way to go after you, or at least we think we may be able to. Look, we’re begging you. Just click the
delete button and move on to a message that concerns you, OK? Please?? We'll buy you lunch...