* [9fans] spaces in passwords and factotum secstore file
@ 2003-07-10 17:09 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2003-07-10 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

apologies for the slightly mundane question.

What is the right way of telling factotum about a password that
contains spaces?  Specifically, I would like to put a line like the
following into my factotum secstore file:

key proto=pass server=some.server service=imap user=me !password= pwd with spaces

I have tried escaping the spaces with backslashes, and quoting the
password with single and double quotes, but I cannot get it to work.

Thanks for any pointers,
Robby

* Re: [9fans] spaces in passwords and factotum secstore file
@ 2003-07-10 17:56 ` rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2003-07-10 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

key proto=pass server=some.server service=imap user=me !password=' pwd with spaces'

should work fine. there's a space in some of my passwords and i've had no trouble
(since early bugs were fixed).

-rob

* Re: [9fans] spaces in passwords and factotum secstore file
@ 2003-07-11  9:58   ` plan9
From: plan9 @ 2003-07-11  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Managed to get it to work with
key proto=pass server=some.server service=imap user=me '!password= pwd with spaces'

Thanks,
Robby