* Re: [9fans] b44 driver dev
@ 2005-09-06 17:59 George Gensure
From: George Gensure @ 2005-09-06 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

[-- Attachment #2: Re: [9fans] b44 driver dev --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1734 bytes --]

From: George Gensure <werkt@csh.rit.edu>
To: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
Subject: Re: [9fans] b44 driver dev
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:10:21 -0400

Its possible that I might be blowing it for the rest of the devices by
not performing the commands that come up through the interrupts (was
just fleshing out the driver, making sure that I got the basics down,
and didn't write the handler meat).  I'll try adding some routines that
look as though they flush the interrupts from the linux drivers (no
hardware docs for the bcm440x as far as i can find).

Regards,
George

jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

>i'd be more interested in why you can't share pci interrupts,
>that shows there's something wrong with one of the drivers.
>
>--jim
>
>On Tue Sep  6 10:08:42 EDT 2005, werkt@csh.rit.edu wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>    I've been working on a driver for my broadcom b44 chipset eth
>>device, and I've noticed something odd.  On init, my card takes irq/intl
>>11, the same as my usb controller, and I see problems later when
>>starting up usb/usbd.  Under windows, the usb controller runs under irq
>>11, while the broadcom runs under 7.  Should I be reprogramming the card
>>to run on 7 or another line, and if so, what should I be calling kernel
>>side to make that allocation?
>>
>>Regards,
>>George

* Re: [9fans] b44 driver dev
@ 2005-09-06 22:20 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2005-09-06 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>I'll try adding some routines that
>>look as though they flush the interrupts from the linux drivers (no
>>hardware docs for the bcm440x as far as i can find).

if you don't satisfy the source of the interrupt and it is level-triggered,
i'd expect problems.  i'd also expect problems if the
interrupt is shared but not configured as level-triggered.

* [9fans] b44 driver dev
@ 2005-09-06 14:08 George Gensure