* [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?
@ 2008-07-25 15:32 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-07-25 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html

might as well make it available ..

ron

* Re: [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?
@ 2008-07-25 16:53 ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2008-07-25 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:32:22 PDT "ron minnich" <rminnich@gmail.com>  wrote:
> so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html
>
> might as well make it available ..

Not sure why qemu/download.html shows so few bootable images.
Another alternative is oszoo.org.  See for instance
http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Category:OS_images
Images for a terminal server and a cpu server would be handy.

* Re: [9fans] qemu: somebody give bellard a canonical image?
@ 2008-07-28 15:06   ` matt
       [not found]     ` <13426df10807280819q78a69e98mc4828c44ba771f32@mail.gmail.com>
From: matt @ 2008-07-28 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Bakul Shah wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:32:22 PDT "ron minnich" <rminnich@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> so it can go here: http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html
>>
>> might as well make it available ..
>>

> Not sure why qemu/download.html shows so few bootable images.
> Another alternative is oszoo.org.  See for instance
> http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Category:OS_images
> Images for a terminal server and a cpu server would be handy.

I've just made one, uploading it to my web server now, 100Mb bzipped,
440Mb sparse, 1Gb raw

I'll mail bellard when it's finished in about an an hour (7KB asymmetric
DSL sux0rs)

@ 2008-07-28 15:46       ` matt
From: matt @ 2008-07-28 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> thanks man. I did not expect this to turn into another debate. I just
> did not have the cycles to do it just now.
>
> It will be nice to see plan 9 up there at qemu.org
>
> ron

Just so happens I was doing an install on to a 1Gb CF today. I haven't
done any QEMU specific tweaking for it.