* [9fans] p9p's rio on OS X
@ 2012-09-02  3:28 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2012-09-02  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Is anyone running p9p's (x11) rio on OS X? I get *very* bad
results. Window borders seem to only fill about half their
window, and content behaves strangely. See this snippet:
	http://dalet.strand1.com/buggeredX11.png
That's xclock, xman, and an xterm, no other p9p programs;
drawterm behaves the same way. It doesn't actually show
up in the xterm (because of the error), but that's my having
typed "pwd", "date", and "uptime". These all behave as
expected under quartz-wm and twm.

Note that the nature of the wrongness depends on the
specific placement of the window, but I've not yet nailed
down the pattern.

Aside: this is so I can run drawterm more-or-less full
screen, or at the size it reports, and I'm not aware of a
Cocoa-compatible drawterm being available. If anyone's
got one of those they'd like to share, I'm quite happy to
not pay any attention to X11.

Anthony

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-09-02  3:28 UTC | newest]