* Re: [9fans] strange penguins: talking av-scanner kernel support
@ 2008-11-24 12:21 Magnus Deininger
From: Magnus Deininger @ 2008-11-24 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm betting on the usual treatment with pitchforks and torches... then again, linus' speciality is filesystems, so we might just see some heavy flaming instead :D

> Hi folks,
>

> yet another funny story on linux folks: they're currently talking
> about some special kernel support for antivirus scanners on the
> kernel-dev list. I really wonder where they get there drugs from ;-o
>
> Just suggested to do it all through an 9P-fileserver ... let's
> see what happens ...
>

> cu
> --

Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: WEB.DE FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.web.de/?ac=OM.AD.AD008K13805B7069a

* Re: [9fans] strange penguins: talking av-scanner kernel support
@ 2008-11-24 12:45 ` matt
From: matt @ 2008-11-24 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>  linus' speciality is filesystems

that says a lot

* Re: [9fans] strange penguins: talking av-scanner kernel support
@ 2008-11-24 13:02 Magnus Deininger
From: Magnus Deininger @ 2008-11-24 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> >  linus' speciality is filesystems
> >
> that says a lot

don't nail me on that one, it's just the word on the streets around here ;D.

* Re: [9fans] strange penguins: talking av-scanner kernel support
@ 2008-11-24  3:18 ` Paweł Lasek
From: Paweł Lasek @ 2008-11-24  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: weigelt, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 23:04, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> yet another funny story on linux folks: they're currently talking
> about some special kernel support for antivirus scanners on the
> kernel-dev list. I really wonder where they get there drugs from ;-o
>
> Just suggested to do it all through an 9P-fileserver ... let's
> see what happens ...
>

> cu
> --
>  Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
>
>  cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info@metux.de   skype: nekrad666
them understand
that it doesn't make sense didn't help. That probably will be also the
real reason behind the
inevitable refusal of the 9p-fileserver option (unless someone manages
to bash enough heads).

--
Paweł Lasek

* [9fans] strange penguins: talking av-scanner kernel support
@ 2008-11-23 23:04 Enrico Weigelt