* [9fans] 9fans archive engine
@ 2011-07-14 17:28 Yaroslav
From: Yaroslav @ 2011-07-14 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is the software which powers 9fans web archive publicly available?

* Re: [9fans] 9fans archive engine
@ 2011-07-14 17:53 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2011-07-14 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Yaroslav <yarikos@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the software which powers 9fans web archive publicly available?

it's not.

* Re: [9fans] 9fans archive engine
@ 2011-07-14 18:15   ` Jack Norton
From: Jack Norton @ 2011-07-14 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Russ Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Yaroslav <yarikos@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is the software which powers 9fans web archive publicly available?
>
> it's not.

ahem... let me put on my pedantic shoes...

@ 2011-07-23 14:15     ` Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2011-07-23 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 14/07/2011 20:15, Jack Norton wrote:
> Russ Cox wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Yaroslav <yarikos@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is the software which powers 9fans web archive publicly available?
>>
>> it's not.
>>
> ahem... let me put on my pedantic shoes...
> 9fans.net/archive wrote:
>  > "powered by grep(1)  "

So the source code is available right?! ;-)

Nicolas

* [9fans] 9fans archive engine
@ 2011-07-15 14:49 rbnsw-plan9
From: rbnsw-plan9 @ 2011-07-15 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yarikos; +Cc: 9fans

> Is the software which powers 9fans web archive publicly available?

Which one? :-) I prefer the mailman archive available only to list members since it allows the messages to be sorted by subject/author/date/thread and of course, the source for mailman is available. I'm note sure why there are two archives, other than no one may have taught mailman how to generate an additional public version of the archive with added address obfuscation. In any case, the added obfuscation is currently undermined since the Usenet relay seems to be currently active outbound and there may be other public relays as well.