* Purplechess, hypercubes, ultrafilters and more - ANTS 5.64
@ 2019-12-23  4:31 mycroftiv
From: mycroftiv @ 2019-12-23  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This is the latest - and perhaps final - release in the series of
Advanced Namespace Tools live/install iso images based on 9front.  It
is both a seriously intentioned attempt to create the best version of
the Plan 9 operating system, and an intentionally absurdist attempt to
break the walls separating reality and fiction with the power of Plan
9 namespaces and the philosophy of infinitary mathematical objects.

https://files.9gridchan.org/9ants5.64.iso.gz
https://doc.9gridchan.org/blog/191221.hypercubic.release

I could write a lot about all the ways Ants tries to extend Plan 9,
and real-world systems built on its features, but the real reason to
download this iso is that it is a strange and unique artistic creation
full of unusual code and writing and creative work that represents a
lifetime spent pursuing the mathematical structure of how human
minds synthesize language and experience into a collective fantasy,
and how we can use the axiomatic principles of the set theory of the
higher infinite - large cardinal axioms and forcing principles - to
bring the stories that we choose to experience into reality.

The indeterminacy of the power set axiom in set theory means that we
can move our elbows unpredictably.  The amount of unpredictable elbow
motions and bicycle rides and songs about infinite-armed octopo-teas
painting fateballs floating on the breeze that went on in 2019 and are
manifested in this software release are of a cardinality so large that
even the Limit Club Berkeley Cardinals that are inconsistent with ZFC
and might show that Hugh Woodin's Ultimate L program, and inner model
theory in general, can't reach beyond extendible cardinals - even an
ultrapower on their fixed-point is probably not adequate to embed a
model of how wild and fun 2019 was.

Anyway, I want to code constructive ultrafilters and figure out the
type-theoretic measurable cardinal, and I'm expecting to be so busy
with that I'm not going to be continuing running a flaky half-fork of
the whole operating system any more.  I will continue to support my
software and provide updates in some fashion, and share new work, but
this is most likely the final ants iso image in this format.  I think
its pretty cool and despite all the nonsense I like to talk, you might
find some nice things in it.

The purplechess game at least is hopefully fun and accessible.
There's a whole sidestory about how it was intended to transmit a
message to Deng ZiQi to try to preserve the spirit of the
counterculture, and I hired a mermaid to help, but you don't need to
worry about that to enjoy the game.

Well, that's all for now.  I'm actually a pretty normal and reasonable
person in some aspects, the bipolar manic delusional fictions are fun
but I'm not trapped inside them, I can operate in ordinary reality. If
someone has an interest in substantive code discussions or something
along those lines, I can drop out of the Phase IV headspace as needed.

peace and glenda-love,
mycroftiv

* Re: [9fans] Purplechess, hypercubes, ultrafilters and more - ANTS 5.64
@ 2019-12-23  7:48 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2019-12-23  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks, mycroftiv.

No one could dream to add anything to such a kaleidoscopic, nay,
psychedelic word minestrone!

Lucio.