* [9fans] using memory stick
@ 2012-02-05 18:08 bsder
From: bsder @ 2012-02-05 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am trying to figure out whether a memory stick can be used
in a usb port on an IBM T23 laptop to transfer files to and
from the memory stick, and if so, how to mount the stick
and copy files to and from it.

The Plan 9 installation I have is from November 2009.
/dev/usb shows a ctl file and three directories,
ep1.0, ep2.0, and ep3.0.
The T23 has only two usb interfaces on the back.

Robert

believed to be clean.

* Re: [9fans] using memory stick
@ 2012-02-05 18:36 ` Alexander Kapshuk
From: Alexander Kapshuk @ 2012-02-05 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 02/05/2012 08:08 PM, bsder@urdirect.net wrote:
> I am trying to figure out whether a memory stick can be used
> in a usb port on an IBM T23 laptop to transfer files to and
> from the memory stick, and if so, how to mount the stick
> and copy files to and from it.
>
> The Plan 9 installation I have is from November 2009.
> /dev/usb shows a ctl file and three directories,
> ep1.0, ep2.0, and ep3.0.
> The T23 has only two usb interfaces on the back.
>
> Robert

you may want to run
usbfat:
the output will be the path to your memory stick, e.g. /n/dev_name