* Re: [9fans] Another neat box?
@ 2004-03-03 16:38 ` C H Forsyth
From: C H Forsyth @ 2004-03-03 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the nice thing about each new device running linux
is that it's another device on which one could run something else.
sometimes, though, there are binary drivers.

* [9fans] Another neat box?
@ 2004-03-03 17:10 Martin C.Atkins
From: Martin C.Atkins @ 2004-03-03 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Does anyone know anything more about the new Linksys "network disk controller"
mentioned on:
?

Supposedly, it has a 10/100/1000 Ethernet interface, 2 USB ports
(for disks), and runs Linux - all for 80 pounds. Linksys have,
I believe, been fairly open about some other devices, so I wonder
if the Linux bit could be changed? It seems too good for the price
quoted, although I don't see, in principle, why this price level
shouldn't be achievable for a device made in consumer quantities.

The other devices are also interesting, but less obviously re-targetable.

Martin

--
Martin C. Atkins				martin@parvat.com
Parvat Infotech (Private) Limited		http://www.parvat.com