* [9fans] pop3 from noworld users
@ 2002-08-08  4:54 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-08-08  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have a trouble in getting mail.
The message from pop3 server (sysname=ar) is:
	ERROR: ar: newns failed: can't open /lib/namespace:
	access permission denied; server exiting
The protocol is apop3 and the user belongs to noworld.
The message have not appeared in 3ed.

The message comes from:
	if(newns(user, 0) < 0){
		senderr("newns failed: %r; server exiting");
		exits(nil);
	}
in /sys/src/cmd/upas/pop3/pop3.c

These codes are added in 4ed.

I ported my users to 4ed simply by copying /adm/*.
Was that wrong?

Kenji Arisawa

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-08  4:54 UTC | newest]